I love cupcakes and for me along with cupcakes are synonymous with frosting. Those two very elements are the entire reason I started this whole baking journey of mine a few years ago.
While there are some people that prefer one over the other, I like them both together. I also prefer butter based frosting’s that are creamy, not overly sweet, and smooth on the palette. And while I do love my share of sweets, truth be told all in all flavor wise I am pretty boring. I like what I like and don’t often swerve from that standard, which would be a simple chocolate cupcake and vanilla frosting.
But something happened during one of my ventures into the produce section of the grocery store. It must have been the display of giant, red, ripe strawberries that seemed to be everywhere. Because since then I have had nothing but strawberries on my mind, strawberry butter cream to be more precise and to be even more exact then that, white chocolate strawberry butter cream.
That description in itself is swoonworthy wouldn’t you agree???
Also I just can’t leave well enough alone and I LOVE white chocolate , even though technically it’s not even chocolate. Sweet, creamy strawberry flavor with that butter flavor that only white chocolate imparts. (Or it might just be me that thinks white chocolate has a buttery flavor???)
Any how this is easy to make, tastes delicious and is a nice distraction from my normal “All I like is vanilla“ frosting mentality, it may swerve you off course as well, so try it and pass along your thoughts to me.
Now keep in mind, I didn’t have the actual strawberries on hand when I was making the frosting, so I used strawberry preserves. Don’t cheap out on this, purchase a good preserve made with natural ingredients. It will taste better. If you want to use fresh strawberries and reduce them and all that to make a puree and use that…go for it. I myself found that the preserves worked so well, that I didn’t even have to try that way.
On another note for an extra doubly treat what you can do it make some Creamy Dreamy Peanut Butter Frosting and fill your cupcakes with them, then top the cupcake with the this strawberry frosting and you will get a Peanut Butter and Jelly frosting experience!! Just cut a piece from the top.
Fill with Peanut butter frosting.
Top with Strawberry Butter cream frosting.
Eat and enjoy!!!
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 a cup) (softened to room temperature),
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Preserves
- 3 oz. Cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (melted)
- /2 tbsp. Vanilla extract.
- 1 lb. confectioners sugar/powdered sugar plus some extra (approx.4 cups and a little extra)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Heavy cream, 1/2 & 1/2 or milk (your preference)
- With a mixer cream together the butter, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add in vanilla. Make sure it is all mixed together well. Begin adding in the confectioners sugar a little a time.Add in 1 to 1 1/2 cups, then add in your strawberry preserves and melted white chocolate.
- Mix well and then add in the remaining amount of confectioners sugar. Ultimately if it looks too dry add in some heavy cream, 1/2 & 1/2 or milk until it is smooth. If you add too much powder sugar add in some liquid, until it gets to when YOU like it.
- Keep mixing the frosting until you get a smooth consistency. It should be fluffy and moist looking with soft peaks. If it seems too overly "wet" add a little powdered sugar into the mix.
- But keep in mind this is a "butter" based recipe, so as soon as you put the frosting in the fridge it will set up. Pipe a generous swirl on top of your cupcake or frost a cake with it. Garnish with some chopped white chocolate.
- Frosts 24 cupcakes or a 13x9 cake